EPIC GAMESFortnite UPDATE: New Battle Royal patch ahead of new mode reveal for PS4, Xbox, PC players
FORTNITE UPDATE 3
Fortnite should be back up and running after some initial problems with controller sensitivity earlier this morning. In a new Reddit post from Epic Games, the mistakes were addressed and a subsequent roll back was released to correct the problems.
Details from Epic Games can be found below:
"We’ve had a troubled history with controller sensitivity. We promised we would do better. We did NOT do better.
"In our v1.10 patch this morning at 4 AM we made an adjustment to Aim Assist that inadvertently changed controller sensitivity.
"We have heard your feedback on the changes, and know Aim Assist doesn’t feel great for everyone. To immediately address this and the controller sensitivity impact, we will be rolling back to how Aim Assist and controller sensitivity functioned prior to the v1.10 patch.
"For those of you who enjoyed the changes to Aim Assist, we will include it together with some tweaks as an option in a future build!"
A reminder that players should also stay tuned for the Fortnite announcement at the Game Awards 2017 later this evening.
Follow the link above for further details closer to the reveal.
FORTNITE UPDATE 2
Since the V.1.10 update, it seems many players have been having issues with controller sensitivity.
Once the game is updated, players are noting that reticles get stuck when tracking the screen and hovering over loot, and that aim assist is completely missing on player characters in-game.
A cursory look at the game's Twitter account shows many fans complaining about the aim assist and how it works.
The developers have responded to the complaints, saying:
"We are looking into sensitivity issues on console, we'll post back after we investigate."
We'll update this page when new information comes to light.
FORTNITE UPDATE 1
Fortnite's official Twitter account has announced that the new V.1.10 update is now LIVE!
The Epic Games team has warned "social services may be impacted while they are being updated. Players may temporarily lose chat and connection from parties."
A full list of Fornite update patch notes can be found below, along with details on the new UI changes coming to the game.
For now though, make sure you tune in this evening for the games NEXT big reveal, in the form of a fun, new, limited-time mode which will be revealed live at The Game Awards with Geoff Keighley.
Stay tuned for further updates, leaks and more as they arrive.
ORIGINAL STORY - Fortnite servers for Battle Royale players are down right now as Epic Games begins to roll out the games latest PS4, Xbox One and PC update.
Although Battle Royale is offline first, this new patch includes changes for both Fortnite modes, including Save The World.
For Battle Royale players the big changes come from small tweaks to weapon aim assist, as well as consumable drop rates.
As with every patch there is obviously a long list of important bug fixes and performance improvements.
Interestingly Epic Games have also introduced "the second iteration of the inventory screen" (which you can see below) with changes made to help suit player bases using either a controller or keyboard and mouse.
This comes ahead of a new limited-time event mode which will be announced and showcased at The Game Awards on December 7.
Although that's not today UK people, it's early Friday morning when this announcement will be made. Incidentally, Fortnite are nominated for Best Multiplayer title of 2017 at the prestigious award ceremony.
Lastly, a special bonus has been revealed for Save The World players but only on Xbox One to celebrate the launch of Xbox One X.
However, these Xbox Exclusive heroes are granted to all players who have purchased a Founders Pack on Xbox and only after completing the quest "Loot Llamas".
The heroes include:
• Soldier: Commando Renegade
• Constructor: Guardian Knox
• Ninja: Jade Assassin Sarah
• Outlander: Trailblazer Jess
FORTNITE V.1.10 PATCH NOTES
The official Fortnite Battle Royale Patch Notes can be found below:
Decreased chance of getting Bandages from Treasure Chests and Supply Drops by 35%.
Reduced aim assist on controllers.
This should make it easier to lead targets with Sniper Rifles.
The updated aim assist system allows us to iterate easily. Let us know how you think we can improve aim assist.
Improved network priority for doors, which reduces the likelihood of seeing players run through a closed door.
Improved network priority for chests, which reduces the likelihood of them appearing to remain closed for a short time after opening them.
Players will no longer fall through the world if they are eliminated while jumping.
Gliders will no longer deploy if a player uses a Launch Pad in the DBNO state.
Player will no longer jitter while falling and skydiving.
Dancing no longer goes on cooldown if it fails to play.
Chests in attics no will longer spawn loot on roofs or outside walls.
Fixed an issue which caused players to sometimes survive fatal fall damage with 1 HP.
Fixed an issue causing teammates names to jitter.
Fixed an error message that players would sometimes receive when being invited to a BR match when they hadn’t completed the Save the World tutorial mission yet.
EPIC GAMESThe new Fortnite UI
- Removed tracers from the silenced SMG.
- Sniper Rifles no longer reload while in scoped view.
- Fixed an issue which prevented grenades from exploding.
- Fixed an issue which caused crosshairs to disappear if a Sniper Rifle was fired right before the Battle Bus took off.
- Fixed several issues with the Smoke Grenade effect:
- Smoke effects now appear the same in and out of the Storm.
- Players can no longer see through smoke effects when using a scope from within the smoke.
- Players will no longer experience a “flash” effect when multiple smoke grenades go off at once.
- Reduced volume for ambient trap sounds, and made them less frequent.
- Added a new warning sound that activates when a player approaches a ceiling or wall trap.
- Teammate footsteps now sound quieter than enemies.
- If you are spectating a player, their footsteps are quieter.
- Added different footstep sounds for wood, stone, metal, and dirt/grass surfaces.
- It’s now easier to hear footsteps through walls.
- Added "terminal velocity" wind sound when falling from large heights, and impact/pain sounds for when taking damage from falling.
- Increased the audio range for the sniper gunshot from 180m to 250m.
- Reduced gunshot sound volume for tactical shotguns. (Does not affect audio range)
- Reduced volume of revolver equip/reload/fire sounds.
- New sounds for Medkit, Shield Potion, and Slurp Juice consumables.
- It is now easier to hear the sound of an another player gliding towards you after using a Launch Pad.
- All audio for the dance emote is now adjusted with the SFX slider instead of Music.
- Wind volume reacts more dynamically while skydiving or using a glider/umbrella.
- Removed low-frequency content in the "ticking clock" sound that plays prior to the storm eye shrinking.
- These frequencies could have previously been mistaken for footsteps while running.
- Improved general framerate when multiple characters are nearby.
- Improved server performance by reducing the number of redundant movement events sent from clients.
- Improved Xbox One rendering by reducing CPU stalls.
- Improved performance when rendering lighting and shadows.
- Improved performance when rendering bushes and other clutter objects.
- Improved game thread performance by converting more game logic BPs to C++.
- Improved UI performance.
- Improved PhysX performance.
- Improved CPU performance on Xbox One and Windows by tweaking thread priorities.
- Improved performance of particle systems by adding batching.
- Improved performance of animation trail effects and particles.
- Improved performance when using the glider.
- Optimized particles associated with players/weapons.
- Optimized audio for the safe zone indicator.
- Tweaked how often animations update and optimized many other animation systems.
- Reduced general hitching by optimizing garbage collection of objects loaded within memory.
- Reduced network bandwidth used when spawning players in a squad match.
- Fixed a server performance issue caused by building actors that moved every frame.
- Fixed a server performance issue where rubber banding could be caused when jumping out of the Battle Bus.
- Fixed various hitches that could occur during gameplay.
EPIC GAMESThe new Xbox heroes
- You can now view your personal stats and XP gained at the end of a match or when spectating.
- You can now choose to abandon one of your Daily Challenges each day.
- Added “Net Debug Stats” panel to the Battle Royale UI.
- This can be enabled by going to Settings > Game > HUD > Net Debug Stats
- This setting displays ping, bandwidth, packets per second, and packet loss for both uploading and downloading.
- If you haven't received a packet from the server in more than 1 second, the UI will also display a “Connection Lost” warning.
- Currently this is only available on Windows and Mac platforms, but we hope to enable it on consoles in a future update!
- Added the option to send a friend invite to squadmates on the Spectator and Victory screens (PC/Mac only.)
- Added some look-and-feel polish to the matchmaking buttons.
- Added a warning message that activates when players attempt to disguise themselves as a bush while already disguised.
- Replaced the 60-second warm up timer with "Waiting for Players"
- Increased the size of the large map so it takes up more screen space when open.
- The revive timer now shows the revive progress for both keyboard and controller players
- Sensitivity sliders for the mouse and gamepad will now stop at 0.1 instead of 0.0.
- Disconnected squadmates will now remain on the HUD and will be listed as “Disconnected.”
- Character models inspected in Save the World will no longer be displayed in the Locker tab.
- The Up button on the D-Pad no longer closes the inventory tab while using the Pro Controller layout.
- Settings will now properly save when players apply them and back out of the settings menu quickly.
- Added descriptions to equipped items in the Locker tab.
- Storm zone graphics will no longer flicker when the storm begins to close in.
- You can now report players that have unicode and Chinese characters in their names.
- Fixed the timers on the Global Wins leaderboard.
- When knocked down by the storm, the elimination message will now properly read:
- [PLAYER] was knocked down by the storm.
- Smoke grenade effects are now visible to spectators when watching a player within the smoke.
- Fixed bug where teammates could be invisible while spectating them.
- Scope visuals will no longer be stuck on screen while switching between players in spectate mode.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when backing out to the Main Menu.