WifiScreen FREE Windows Application to allow using iPad/Tablet as the second monitor.
Mirror UK / News - Politics

Meghan Markle’s dad says he'd love to give her away at wedding to Prince Harry

Reclusive Thomas Markle says he is "delighted" to be welcoming Prince Harry into his family and insists he'd "love" to walk his daughter down the aisle

Meghan Markle ’s father Thomas has said he is “delighted” to be welcoming Prince Harry into the family.

When the Mirror tracked reclusive Thomas down in Mexico he broke his silence on the royal wedding to say he hopes to walk his daughter down the aisle on her big day.

Asked if he will be at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle to give away Meghan, 36, Thomas Markle Sr beamed: “Yes. I’d love to.”

The 73-year-old added: “I’m very pleased. I’m delighted,” However, he could reveal no more about his actress daughter’s royal romance, saying: “I’m sorry. You know I can’t talk.”

Prince Harry and Meghan are tipped to wed on May 26 (Image: Getty)
Read More
  • Adorable - and very modern - way Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stay in touch when they're thousands of miles apart

He has kept his silence since the engagement was announced. His ex-wife Doria Ragland has also not spoken.

The Mirror handed him a bottle of bubbly to toast the couple.

And to give him a taste of Britain before he flies in for the wedding – tipped to be on May 26 – we handed him a box of Twinings English Breakfast tea, which carries the Queen’s royal warrant. He said: “Thank you. That’s very kind.”

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Click to playTap to play

The video will start in 8Cancel

Play now

Thomas Markle speaks with Daily Mirror reporter, Chris Bucktin (Image: Andy Johnstone/Daily Mirror)

Champagne and tea gifted to Thomas by the Mirror (Image: Andy Johnstone/Daily Mirror)
Read More
  • Who does Meghan Markle curtsey to? Prince Harry's future wife faces etiquette minefield from Kate Middleton to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Friends say he is back on his feet after a difficult period. Last year the retired award-winning lighting technician declared himself bankrupt in California, with credit card debts of £24,180.

He left his Los Angeles home and moved to Mexico where he has rebuilt his life. He has kept a low profile since Meghan’s relationship with Harry, 33, emerged last year.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Click to playTap to play

The video will start in 8Cancel

Play now

Thomas has kept a low profile in recent years (Image: Andy Johnstone/Daily Mirror)

We tracked down the dad-of-three to his home near Rosarito Beach, where we found him at his local shop where he bought a four-pack of Heineken and cigarettes.

A neighbour said: “Tom’s had it tough but never once have we heard him complain. He has just got on with his life. Life’s certainly on the up for him and he is over the moon for his daughter.”

Original Source

ADS

LATER

News - Politics

Health service pressure 'simply unsafe' warn NHS groups after performance figures for first week of winter

One week into winter and health service pressures have been deemed “simply unsafe” by experts, after the first instalment of the NHS’s weekly winter progress report. Around one in 20 hospital beds (5.5 per cent) in England are available as the NHS heads towards Christmas, posing major questions about its ability to respond as seasonal pressures increase.

Read More