Quick links: Breaking Election Invest Bitcoin Syria North Korea Hot clicks Scandal Topless
www.paywallnews.com Only News Behind Paywalls
Mirror UK / News - Politics

Family of four including two young children found dead in cabin

A friend has paid an emotional tribute to Anthony and Meaghan Capitano who lost their lives in the tragedy

A family-of-four including two young children were found dead in a cabin which 'smelt of gas'.

Police reported a strong smell of gas coming from the property in Parks, Arizona, US, and are now investigating the incident as possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family have been identified as 32-year-old Anthony Capitano, 32-year-old Meaghan Capitano, Lincoln Capitano, four, and Kingsley Capitano, three, of El Mirage, Arizona.

They are believed to have gone away for a 'getaway'.

The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office received a phone call from a concerned friend of the family on New Year's day, who said family members had been unable to contact them for a few days and had become worried.

The couple were found dead in a cabin (Image: Facebook)
Read More
  • Two Brits killed in motorbike crash while on dream holiday in India just days before Christmas

After a welfare check was requested, a vehicle matching the description given by the friend was seen in the driveway of the cabin.

The Sheriff's deputy reported a strong smell of gas coming from the home and the Ponderosa Fire Department were called to the scene.

When fire crews entered the cabin, they found the four family members dead, the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said.

A family friend, Daniel Matock, paid tribute to them in an interview with ABC 15 .

(Image: Ponderosa Fire Department)
Read More
  • Boy, 7, survives 100mph crash without seatbelt after stealing four cars in desperate bid to reach mum

Speaking about Anthony, he said: "He loved football, he loved his family, he loved his children. He's just a great example to follow.

"Anybody he and Meaghan met, their lives were touched."

Reports say there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the cabin.

The incident will be investigated further.