1. The phantom printer noises you hear while you sleep.
2. When you 86 a menu item and servers continue to ring it up anyways.
3. When your savage coworkers take all of your supplies.
4. Especially Sharpies, peelers, side towels, and tape.
5. When you wash your chef coat and forget to take the Sharpies out of your pocket.
6. The fact that no one can recognize you outside of the kitchen.
7. When you compare sheet pan burns with other chefs.
8. This meme that pretty much sums up your entire existence.
9. This sad but true statement.
10. When you cave in and treat yourself to those fancy pair of Dansko shoes.
11. This classic example of chef humor.
12. Your daily meditation.
13. And ~occasionally~ crying in it, too.
14. The fact that servers just DON'T. GET. IT.
15. That one chef who decides to add nonfunctional garnishes to every damn dish.
16. When you start breaking down the kitchen at 10:45 instead of 11:00.
17. When your prep list is the size of a Stephen King novel.
18. This heart-stopping moment.
19. When you finally finish your shift.
20. When your restaurant invests in one of those fancy new robot ovens.
21. When you have a double sinus infection and bronchitis.
22. This truly impressive accomplishment.
23. When the Friday dinner rush hits and the printer just keeps printing.
24. This moment of pure ~joy~.
25. This visual representation of the kitchen crew during service.
26. This dark AF meme that'll make any chef sob and laugh.
27. This moral dilemma:
28. TFW you wrap up a 16-hour shift.
Get all the best Tasty recipes in your inbox! Sign up for the Tasty newsletter today!
You're almost there! Check your inbox and confirm your subscription now!View Comments