It's not cool to be early, but if you're late you have a little melt down.
1. The idea of being late makes you incredibly anxious.
View this photo on Instagram Instagram: @rubyetc_
2. The thought of someone waiting for you is just awful. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
You don't want to waste anybody's time or make them bored, or cold.
3. And the idea of missing a train, or a plane is unthinkable. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
You obviously get to the airport three hours early.
4. You take it really personally when someone is late to meet you.
Flo Perry / BuzzFeed
You can't get it out of your head that they have made you wait.
5. Especially when someone's only excuse is "I lost track of time." Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
Who does that? Do other people not have a constant sense of time's ever moving presence?
6. And you just can't help but judge people who are always consistently late.
7. You spend a lot of time waiting in cafés, restaurants, and bars, on your own, waiting for your friends to show.
View this photo on Instagram Instagram: @somecreativegirl
But you'd rather wait than have the panic of being late, so you don't mind.
8. You have to stop yourself from texting the person you're meeting asking where they are, until they are at least five minutes late. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
If it's someone who knows you well you call them at two minutes past.
9. You find it really hard to be late to stuff on purpose, so you're usually the first to turn up at a party. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
You think you're playing it cool if you turn up half an hour after the start time.
10. The very few times you are accidentally late cause you to have a minor breakdown. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
If you're travelling with someone and you might miss a train, you are hell to be around.
11. The most frustrating thing is waiting for someone else to get ready so you can leave to go somewhere. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
12. If your partner or friend is a late person you will have had arguments about it. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
And you will have tried to give them fake times to get them to leave the house on time.
13. But if you go somewhere with a fellow early person you'll egg each other on so much you'll probably arrive the day before. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
The "just in case" scenarios get a bit out of control.
14. You have been known to wait round corners until it's an acceptable time to arrive somewhere. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
15. It's incredibly hard for you not to be embarrassingly early for job interviews and dates. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
The fear of being late is just too much.
16. Being early is always more relaxing, you can get a coffee, or read.
View this photo on Instagram Instagram: @rooney
17. Though realistically you just spend the extra time trying to look busy on your phone. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
God forbid you have to wait somewhere without internet.
18. You'd never not want to be an early person. Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF
Even if that means you have to do some waiting occasionally, at least you can sleep easy knowing you weren't late.