Here's the thing — Butterbeer is warming and delicious, but it's hard to get your hands on. (Mostly because we can't all head over to Universal Studios whenever we want.)
So, to solve our liquid gold dilemma, we teamed up with Yelp to find some of the best spots to buy Butterbeer-inspired food and drinks in the US. The below list was determined by identifying businesses — excluding large chains or those associated with the Harry Potter franchise — with a large concentration of reviews mentioning the word "Butterbeer." Then, the businesses were decided on by using a number of factors, including the total volume and ratings of reviews.
From cocktails to ice cream to donuts, here are 17 places across the US to find some of the best Butterbeer products.
1. Butterbeer donut and cupcake from Parlour Vegan Bakery in Plantation, FL
2. Butterbeer ice cream from Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream in San Francisco, CA
Lana N. / Via yelp.com, Humphry Slocombe / @seanvahey
"The 'Butterbeer' (Anchor Steam beer with butter) was my favorite. I haven't been to Orlando to taste Harry Potter's Butterbeer yet, but I imagine it tastes just like this. It's like butterscotch candy meets ice-cold beer. You have to try it!" —Yelper Melisa C.
3. Butterbeer cocktail from Sotto in Los Angeles, CA
"I love it! If you love sweet cocktails, try that! Their house-made whipped cream has a hint of salt in it, and the butterscotch is sweet. I finished the drink so fast, and it was like a dessert." —Yelper Wen-Hsin C.
4. Butterbeer from Happily Ever After in Philadelphia, PA
5. Butterbeer cappuccino from Trade and Lore in Charlotte, NC
6. Butterbrew whipped cream and Butterbrew latte from Bad Owl Coffee in Henderson, NV
Alexandra W. / Via yelp.com, Kim. P / Via yelp.com
"Butterbrew latte! That alone was worth the trip from LV. As for the Butterbrew cream they serve with waffles, I had childlike fantasies about devouring it straight from the dispenser." —Yelper Tiffiny K.
7. Butterbeer from Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery in Seattle, WA
"This is magic. I got the non-alcoholic version, but I don't think it made a difference in how much I would have enjoyed this drink. It's a rich, relaxing, and very fragrant drink. Think melted butterscotch." —Yelper Kat P.
8. Butterbeer float from Cauldron Ice Cream in Santa Ana, CA
Cauldron Ice Cream / Via instagram.com, instagram.com
"I got the Butterbeer float and my friend got the Rose H2O. My Butterbeer float was really tasty, and it fueled my inner Harry Potter." —Yelper Tom V.
Call ahead — the butterbeer has limited runs!
9. Butterbeer ice cream from Mount Desert Island Ice Cream in Portland, ME
10. Butterbeer donuts from Donut Bar in San Diego, CA
11. Butterbeer ice cream from Lake Effect Artisan Ice Cream in Buffalo, NY
12. Butterbeer latte from Sunrise Coffee in Las Vegas, NV
13. Butterbeer-infused Black Magic ice cream from Freeze San Diego in San Diego, CA
14. Butterbeer snow cone from SnoWhat in Louisville, KY
15. Butterbeer latte from Little French Market Café in Ellicott City, MD
16. Butterbeer (with ginger beer) from The Bad Apple in Chicago, IL
17. Butterbeer latte from Muggles' Mug in Jim Thorpe, PA
"I'm so glad I followed the Yelp reviews to this coffee shop because, as a Harry Potter nerd, I was geeking out. The Butterbeer latte was delicious, and the barista was very helpful to explain everything. The decor and Harry Potter playlist were also a great touch to complete the whole vibe." —Yelper Inayah L.
Note: submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Get all the best Tasty recipes in your inbox! Sign up for the Tasty newsletter today!
You're almost there! Check your inbox and confirm your subscription now!View Comments