1. Kit Kats are made with broken Kit Kats.
2. The white gunk on salmon is actually protein, not fat.
3. Green, yellow, and red bell peppers are the exact same vegetable; they're just at different stages of development.
4. The difference between Pepsi and Coke comes down to a single ingredient.
5. La Croix water is flavored with "essence," a clear, concentrated natural chemical derived by heating the skins or rinds of fruits.
6. Washing raw chicken is pretty much useless — and you shouldn't do it.
7. Butter should be stored in the fridge, not at room temperature in a butter dish.
8. This is how cashews grow.
9. Mountain Dew is made of mainly orange juice.
10. This is how brussels sprouts grow.
11. Most oysters you eat are actually alive.
12. All the different colors of Froot Loops have the exact same flavor.
13. Loofahs come from gourds.
14. The famous TJ's peanut butter pretzel is created via a "marvel of food manufacturing."
15. Graham crackers were invented to prevent sexual urges.
16. Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian.
17. For more Best of 2017 content, click here!
Get all the best Tasty recipes in your inbox! Sign up for the Tasty newsletter today!
You're almost there! Check your inbox and confirm your subscription now!